12.23.2008

"Clearly, not only bread and fish are multiplied."

(as my pastor put it.)

My project for the next 18 days: memorizing Psalm 119. For anyone I haven't explained this to already, I'm learning the 10 longest Psalms (18, 37, 68, 69, 78, 89, 105, 106, 107, 119) for a rather generous individual in my church, who in return offers the reward of a 1-oz. gold coin.

My church, together with Reformation Covenant Church in Portland, is coordinating a two-week missions trip to Poland this summer. I had hoped to go, but didn't think I could afford it... until I looked in my bank account last week and found it rather fuller than I'd expected. So, between that and the money from the Psalms, I can go!!

This constitutes a large and lovely Christmas present from God. And, it fits well with Psalm 107, which I just finished working on.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare His works with rejoicing.

A blessed Christmas to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to your Canadian self. As the Jedi poet said, "Metaphors be with you."

    I got a couple of really cool presents: a book embosser (never again will my roommates wonder if the book is mine) and a pint glass complete with imported beers to put into it.

    Am currently playing with wee pink ones (they are so absurdly cute) that just got kittens (so hilariously terrified), so I must go give instructions on exactly how not to lay on top of the kitten, and which five of the six ends are pointy, etc.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete