5.16.2012

mexican mocha cookies

I have this wonderful friend who is heading back to Boise for the summer tomorrow. She's my Mexican-mocha-drinking buddy.

The base for this recipe was the "chocolate drop" cookie from Company's Coming: Cookies (which is a fabulous book); I spiced it up for my church's Ascension Day potluck.


Cream together: 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 cup granulated sugar.
Mix in 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, and 1 tsp vanilla. Link

Combine and add: 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp baking powder.

Last of all, mix in (at this point your triceps will be getting no uncertain workout) 1 cup chocolate chips (Hershey's special dark, need I say more?).


These work pretty much no matter what size you make them, but the baking time will vary: ~12 minutes at 375 degrees. When they're done, they're soft, but not gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment