10.20.2010

perogy pizza

Or, if the word "perogy" means nothing to you, you could call it baked potato pizza.

You will need...

3 cups of mashed potatoes, ish
1 tsp salt to make the potatoes taste better
1 onion, diced and sauteed
Olive oil for sauteing the onion

Mix the sauteed onion into the potatoes and let them sit in the fridge overnight and get to know each other. The next day, get your crust ready and spread the potatoes over it; I made them about 1/2 inch thick. Then top the potatoes with...

2 cups shredded cheddar
8-10 bacon slices, fried crispy and cut up

Bake this for ~20 minutes at 425, or at your discretion, and eat it with sour cream. This is the most filling pizza I have ever encountered, so use discretion when you're eating it, too.

2 comments:

  1. Two things:

    1.) That looks ridiculously delicious, and now I'm hungry. Unfortunately, I'm at work and have nothing to eat. Alas.

    2.) Why has my favorite Canadian disappeared from facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM. When I am called to make perogy pizza, I slice and roast the potatoes with a secret blend of herbs and spices, which is fiddly but rewarding, and put the sour cream on with the tomato sauce, which is harder than it sounds. But, live and let live.

    ReplyDelete